Hatteras Island is one of the best locations on the Outer Banks to spend time boating and fishing. If you are staying in a Hatteras vacation rental, you may want to try boating or going charter fishing during your vacation time. Check out these tips for boating and charter fishing during a stay in a Hatteras vacation rental.
- If you need to make a reservation for a charter fishing trip, make sure to reserve the trip in advance. This is especially important during the summer season.
- If you are preparing for a charter trip, make sure to pay attention to the weather. The winds should be a maximum of 15 to 20 miles per hour for a charter fishing trip.
- The majority of charter boats will leave the docks between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m. Be aware of this and be ready to leave in the morning.
- Know that each charter boat can usually take six people at a time. You can enjoy a half-day or a full-day trip.
- You can also experience an inshore charter fishing trip. There are many options for a charter fishing trip, so you can choose the right trip based on your interests.
- If you need any help during your charter fishing trip, you can ask the captain and first mate on the boat.
- Local companies offer boat rentals. Choose from a variety of boats and see the scenery of the Outer Banks during your boating experience.
- Boat tours are also available. For instance, you can take dolphin cruises and sunset cruises.
- Make sure to follow all North Carolina boating laws.
- Make sure there is a life jacket available for everyone who is on the boat. Follow all safety rules.
- If you plan on fishing and are more than 16 years old, you must have a fishing license.
- Some locations inshore may not be available for boating because it may be a nesting season. Pay attention to the National Park Service’s signs that do not allow you to go into those areas.
- A ferry trip to Ocracoke Island is another great option for a boating experience. Check the ferry schedule ahead of time and make sure to spend some time exploring Ocracoke Island. A one-way trip will take about 40 minutes long. The ferry is free, and reservations are not taken.
The Outer Banks is a world-renowned location for boating and fishing. The next time you are staying in a Hatteras, NC vacation rental, make sure to check out your boating and charter fishing options. You do not want to miss the experience on the Outer Banks. Make sure to follow all safety rules and enjoy the experience on your Outer Banks vacation!