Home to more than 19 championship golf courses and endless opportunities for off-course enjoyment, the Charleston area is the ultimate one-of-a-kind golf destination for families, friends and couples. Players looking to plan a 2015 golf getaway should look to the Charleston area for the best golf offerings set amidst a breathtakingly beautiful landscape booming with history and culture. Below are 10 reasons why the Lowcountry reigns supreme for a premier golf vacation:
- Optimal Year-Round Weather – Home to some of the most desirable year-round weather in the United States, the Charleston area offers golfers ideal temperatures with plenty of sunshine, no matter if they wish to travel in January or July.
- Courses Designed by World-Class Architects – Arnold Palmer, Rees Jones, Gary Player, Arthur Hills, Tom Fazio, Pete Dye, Jack Nicklaus and Robert Trent Jones Sr. have all expertly designed courses in the Charleston area, boasting gorgeous landscapes and award-winning layouts.
- Caters to Players of All Skill Sets – Featuring a variety of different terrains and course obstacles, the Charleston area’s 19 championship courses create distinct challenges for the most advanced golfers while offering forgiveness and fun for beginners.
- Delicious Golf Club Dining Options – Players looking for an exceptional pre- or post-round meal can enjoy delicious Lowcountry cuisine at some of Charleston’s most celebrated golf-course restaurants such as Wild Dunes Resort’s Sea Island Grill orKiawah Island’s Atlantic Room at The Ocean Course.
- Breathtaking Golf Course Views – Situated on 60 miles of scenic coastline, the Charleston area is home to some of the most stunning golf course views in the U.S.
- Award-Winning Golf Instruction – A leading destination for players to swing away flaws and improve their game, the Charleston area offers premier lesson facilities and top-notch instruction from a lineup of exceptional PGA-certified professionals.
- Stay N’ Play Packages – Suitable to golfers traveling alone or with a group, the Charleston area offers record-low Stay N’ Play Package rates pairing downtown accommodations with award-winning course play.
- Top-Notch Golf Resorts – Offering award-winning courses and exquisite accommodations, the Charleston area is home to a collection of premier golf resorts, including Wild Dunes Resort, Seabrook Island and the famed host site of the 2012 PGA Championship, Kiawah Island Golf Resort.
- Downtown Activities – While off the links, golfers can enjoy the endless charms of downtown Charleston including the Historic Charleston Market, horse-drawn carriage rides, walking tours, King Street shopping, plantation experiences and a buzz-worthy restaurant scene.
- Year-Round Calendar of Events – Bursting with history, culture and the arts, the Charleston area offers a year-round calendar of events for golfers to enjoy off-course including The Charleston Wine + Food Festival, The Southeastern Wildlife Expositionand Spoleto Festival USA.
Charleston & Resort Islands Golf
More than 200 years ago, Charleston was the site of America’s first golf club. This heritage of golfing excellence is evident today. Guests have convenient access to more than 19 championship courses, created by legendary architects including Arnold Palmer, Rees Jones, Gary Player, Arthur Hills, Tom Fazio, Pete Dye, Jack Nicklaus and Robert Trent Jones, Sr. The area also offers plenty of year-round activity off the course. They range from historic tours and attractions to inshore and offshore fishing and award-winning dining, as well as a year-round calendar of festivals and events. For reservations or more information on these packages and others available in the area, please visit www.charlestongolfguide.com or call 800-774-4444.
The mission of the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is to unify and lead the local travel industry in marketing the Charleston area as an individual, meeting, incentive and group destination to both the domestic and international markets. For more information, visit explorecharleston.com