Wild Dunes Resort
Nestled on the northern tip of Isle of Palms, a lush barrier island off the coast of South Carolina, Wild Dunes Resort is located less than 30 minutes from the charm and grace of historic Charleston. The Resort occupies 1,600 acres of private, oceanfront property defined on one side by the Atlantic Ocean and on the other by the Intracoastal Waterway.
A paradise for family vacations, couples retreats and group trips alike, Wild Dunes seamlessly blends enriching experiences with vacation fun.
From eco exploration to reliving history, curious minds can satisfy their cravings with a number of authentic learning experiences incorporating the Lowcountry culture including:
- Two-Hour Kayak Paddle Eco Tour led by a Lowcountry naturalist
- Quenby Creek Blackwater Paddle through waterways & rice fields with a visit to the historic chapel seen in the film “The Patriot”
- Fly Fishing Basics lead by a local expert
- Palmetto Carriage Tour where guest explore Charleston’s historic houses, gardens, mansions, churches and parks by horse drawn carriage
- Palm Frond Origami where guests learn the local art of palm frond weaving (The palm frond is a part of the South Carolina State Palmetto Tree and a beloved symbol of the Lowcountry culture.)
- Chef’s Showcase at the Farmer’s Market which gives visitors a behind-the-scenes peak into the culinary scene of Charleston
Wild Dunes Resort recently partnered with James Beard award-winning cookbook authors and TV personalities, The Lee Brothers, to share an unforgettable, authentic Southern experience for family reunions and group vacations. With package choices ranging from conversational cooking classes to a traditional Low country oyster roast to custom dinners, groups sip, savor and shuck their way through Charleston led by the Lowcountry’s culinary pioneers-Ted and Matt Lee.
Best of Both Worlds
Driving distance to downtown Charleston, Wild Dunes Resort offers the “best of both worlds” for adventure-seeking kids and families, pairing a beach getaway with the tremendous offerings of historic Charleston. Guests can enjoy the resort’s abundance of amenities including 36 holes of championship golf, 17 tennis courts, watersports, spa services, resort-wide pools, and delicious dining options. While off property, the entire family can take advantage of the many offerings of downtown Charleston including shopping on King Street, the South Carolina Aquarium, the Historic Charleston market, carriage rides, walking tours, plantation experiences and much more.